HD help/advice

Gezis

Registered
First off im not sure if this is HD related or os.

Anyways heres the problem. Im kinda lazy and keep filling up my main hd and not moving to the others. And I keep getting messages about disk is full when downloading or moving files with 15+ gigs free.

Well should I invest in a disk utility like disk warrior?, or just erase and re-install?

Tnx for any input,
Gezis

Reinstall, see if that helps. What can it hurt? If you're still having issues, I dare say diskwarrior can't help...

enforce1 said:
Reinstall, see if that helps. What can it hurt? If you're still having issues, I dare say diskwarrior can't help...
I think that enforce1 means that diskwarrior can't hurt ??
My opinion? You should try something like DiskWarrior BEFORE reinstalling the OS, (this is not Windows :) ) also there's lots of other good tips available to help at this site.

Tnx a ton Diskwarrior seems like it has done the trick. If not I'll be harassing this forum again.

How big is your hard drive? There was a thread here not long ago started by me, asking about the soft limit on drives. Basically, it has been recommended that you keep 15% of your hard drive free, or else weird stuff occurs. Just search for that thread and you'll see tons of discussion on that topic.

The reason I bring this up is if you have a 100 GB drive, 15 GB free is roughly 15% :).

Back