Hear 1.0.1 running only under root

pissnaround

Registered
I am running 10.5.2 on a late 2006 core 2 duo iMac. 2 GHz 17" w 3 GB installed. I recently purchased Hear which is an audio enhancing program. It does run but not quite correctly. Once you set up the audio settings as you like you are suppose to be able tp quit its GUI and the settings remain as they are through reboots etc. Under my normal admin acct it doesn't quite do that. It forgets if I close it. However, when I log into root it works just fine. I also run FStream to listen to internet radio but for some reason Hear only sees FStream under the root acct. I tried turning off or uninstalling every third party app I was using to see if something was conflicting, so far I have had no luck.

I guess my question is, What would cause something to not quite work correctly under an administrator acct but fine under root? I am at a loss where to look at this point.

thanks in advance

Throw out it's Preferences in /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and find the preference file for the program and throw it out. See if that helps.

Back