Hello ... Very annoyed with this 1 update ( Firmware ) On Leopard

Stryder2k8

Registered
For the past few weeks or so, I have had this update in my system update. ( imac Efi Firmware Update 1.3 )

I followed the directions ( Installed, Rebooted and held the power button until that long beep sound came on then let go ) and still this thing doesn't want to go away.

I tried searching around but all answers lead into the directions I followed.

What to do?

Does that firmware update then install after you release the power button? You should get a progress windows, then the Mac will automatically reboot. After the reboot, you will then see a small window, reporting that the firmware has been successfully installed.
Maybe the firmware update is already installed, but the software update still shows that as needed?
The firmware updater is in your Applications/Utilities folder. Run that updater from that folder. It will tell you if the firmware is not needed, or you will see the instructions window to start the installer by shutting down first.

For some weird reason, now it updated.

The first few times ( about 3 when first receiving the update ) it wouldn't do it, now I tried it again from going into Utilities ( and not through update ) and now it's updated...

Delta, I appreciate you taking the time out... thanks :)

Back