HELP - Dual G4 will not wake/startup

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
I put my G4 dual to sleep a few days ago, then I unplugged it and moved to a new house. It's now plugged in and it won't start. I can press the power button down and it is lit while I am holding it, but when I release it the power light quickly fades. The machine will not boot up in any way, it is essentially dead - no sounds, beeps, or humming fans. I know I didn't bump or drop this thing when I moved it. I've tried plugging it in to differen't outlets, unplugging while I held the power button, holding the power button down for 10 seconds, etc. no restart. Is there any other means to reset ot restart this thing?

Hmmmm, sounds weird. Did you try restart (apple + powerbutton)? Any reaction of your disc, CD drive? Can you indicate any network reaction? Mostly routers indicate a connection when a lan cable is plugged (doesn't need to boot up).

Look on the Logic Board for a CUDA or PMU button. Push it for a couple seconds, disconnect powwer cord first. then try to start.

Apple+Power won't work since I'm not able to boot up at all. I'm going to try that CUDA button.

Bless you bobw, you just saved me a major pain in the ace along with some cash. I owe you one!

Ah, for future reference, don't ever pull the plug on a sleeping desktop machine. That kind of thing is reserved for laptops only. Shut down fully any time you intend on disconnecting power. OS X can get REALLY screwed up, requiring a reinstall sometimes, if you kill it prematurely.

Back