help help help lost all my library settings

joestriker

Registered
Hey everyone, i am appealing for major help here. i recently recopied my library folder from my guests account because my apps kept crashing. I didn't back up my mail and address book files along with my keychain and preference files. basically everything is gone in my library file in my users file. I tried using data rescue but i have failed. my computer is now bonkers and everytime i restart it doesn't even remember anything. please guys can anyone help me recover the library file at least so i can back it up and do a clean reinstall. all my music and movies files are okay, its just my library i would like to recover.

If you "overwrote" your Library, then there is really no hope of getting it back if a program like Data Rescue doesn't help. When you copied over the Library folder from the guest account, did you simply overwrite your Library folder in your home folder?

...now, about that gmail invite... ;)

yeh i overwrote the one in my home folder. i managed to retrieve my mail luckily, but address book, keychain, prefs i cannot retrieve.

...what is your email address

Hmmm... that doesn't sound good. Most likely, they're gone forever, sorry to say. Did you let Data Rescue do the full, thorough scan (not just the quick scan)?

I was only kidding about the gmail invite, but thank you very much! I could recommend a few other people here that deserve an invite for their helpfulness, but as for me, I don't need a gmail address... thanks again!

On a side note, El, if you have tonnes of friends (I'm sure you do) who need gmail invites then PM me, I have 50, and I'm not in the mood for 'saving up' lol.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
One question: can I access gmail through standard protocols (POP3, IMAP)? If so, then I just may be interested... ;)

I'm not so technical, could you explain that further? Would you like to use it in Mail.app?

Convert said:
I'm not so technical, could you explain that further? Would you like to use it in Mail.app?

Do they offer anything other than a web-based interface? Can I set up an account in Mail.app for my gmail account without any kinds of plug-ins or add-ons (like those hotmail ones)?

Back