Help, how to share printer with windows machine?

adric22

Registered
Okay, I know how to connect a Mac to a printer which is being shared by a windows machine. That seems easy enough. But my Dad has the opposite problem in that he has a printer connected to an Intel iMac and my mom wants to print to that printer from her Windows XP machine. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Any help would be appriciated!

I'm reading reading this forum for 5 days and I have to tell you: it would take several weeks
to find same information on other forums. Even the forum's name - macosx.com - sounds good :).
Hope this place will keep its nice atmosphere, thanks for help!

Okay, I know how to connect a Mac to a printer which is being shared by a windows machine. That seems easy enough. But my Dad has the opposite problem in that he has a printer connected to an Intel iMac and my mom wants to print to that printer from her Windows XP machine. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Any help would be appriciated!

Well there is the Sharing files between a Windows Vista Home Edition PC and a Mac running OS X Leopard 10.5 guide. If you see the first slide you will see the Printer Sharing box right under the File Sharing box.

Back