HELP! installed panther now no StudioMX2004

Pardus

Lurks: 15,289
I installed Panther 7B85 and now i cant get my macromedia products to work. I tried removing them and clean re-install but when I launch the app, the icon flashes like it is about to start and then just quits with no warning or anything?

Anyone have any ideas?

I have that same problem, althought in Jaguar.

I reinstalled Jaguar over itself cause I needed the developer/bsd stuff I hadn't installed before.

Now when I try to start any MX 2004 apps they just bounce in the dock then stop and the application never opens.

I've tried reinstalling MX 2004 to no avail.

Did you upgrade Jaguar to Panther or did you do a clean install of Panther and a clean install of MX 2004?

i did the archive install for panther. after the MX apps wouldnt start, I removed all traces I could find of them but still cant get them to start....arghhh

Downloading a trial version from macromedia right now to see if that makes a difference

Ok i fixed it. go into your main system library and delete the macrovision folder. That is the serial authenticator and it didnt like the OS change. then re-install MX2004 and re-enter serial.

That or just wait for the real version of Panther instead of Pirating

Hey Mr. 14 year old smartass, who said anything about pirating. :confused:

This is an issue about how the macromedia serialization authenticator by macrovision doesnt get updated to work with a newly installed OS whether its panther or jaguar. When you delete it and reinstall, it will work correctly and allow you to properly register your software so the MX2004 apps can launch.

At least you got another notch in your post count...way to go! When your old enough maybe you can be a moderator.

Excuse me, Panther isn't release software yet. Unless I am very out of the loop, the only released Panther build was the WWDC one, and that was to developers only. If you didn't pirate like most Panther users on this board, how did you get it?

actually adc members got a few more releases than the wwdc one

please no accusations and name calling from either one of you

Ok, I retract my statement, but I didn't call names.
I just thought it was a bit strange to be 'upgrading' to pre-release software if the final version will be out next week.

Back