Help macbook refuse to install OS X

hallatie

Registered
Hi,

I have been given a Macbook by a friend who has asked me to get rid of Vista and install OSX on it.

The MacBook currently only has Vista installed and does not have an Apple Partition. I installed BootCamp and when I tried the "Restart in MacOSX" command the error "No OSX Volume can be found"

You may think I'm crazy but it's as though the MacBook has forgotten it's made by Apple.

On startup there is no Apple logo and if you try zapping the PRAM, starting in Target Mode or holding down the C key to start using an Apple DVD, these commands are simply ignored and the MacBook screen goes black and then Vista appears.

In order to get OSX on this device am I going to have to get to know about EFI and change it in some way?

This is really beyond me but any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Try this:
Remove the main battery (assuming you have one of the older plastic MacBooks with removeable battery)
disconnect power adapter.
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. (nothing visible will happen)
Release power button, reinstall the battery, and attach the power adapter.
Now, press and release the power button, while holding the Option key. Insert your OS X installer DVD.
Choose the OS X installer from the icons that appear, and press Enter/Return
Erase the partition by going to Disk Utility - from the Utilities menu.
Select the hard drive in Disk Utility, then click the Partitions tab. Choose 1 Partition from the Volume Scheme dropdown, and continue with that partition. Make sure it shows MacOS extended as the Format. Click on Options, and make sure it shows GUID, and not any other choice. Name the partition if you like. Continue with the partition, and when complete (only a few seconds), you should have a hard drive that's ready for an OS X install.
Does that work for you?

Back