HELP! my ipod is messed

Androo

Yeah, Androo.
Hey guys, whenever i try to update my ipod [meaning update all the songs on it] in itunes, my system crashes. I have panther 10.3.2, itunes 4.2, the latest ipod driver, and the newest 20gig ipod.
Does anyone know what to do?

you could try using it as a firewire drive and update songs manually, but thats not really a good solution, im sure some has a more exact idea of how to help

o wait i dont have an apple store in canada, and i want my ipod to work PROPERLY

plz help plzplzplz

Do you have the iPod to update automatically or manually? Try and do it manually, see if that happens. You've repaired permissions? Worst comes to worst, you may need to reset your iPod and reinstall everything. Use PodManager or some similar app to pull songs back into your hard drive, if needed. And make sure you set it to manually update.

both are hot ideas
problem is that when i plugin my ipod it automatically opens itunes, and if i quickly quit itunes before it starts up, then it ejects the ipod :(
i'll try to quickly make it manual update in the ipod settings before it freezes. I'll try both of those, and it doesnt matter what gets erased on my ipod, its all my my computer still anyway.
thnx,
Androo.

after iTunes opens up click on the iPod in the bottom right of the iTunes main panel and then deselect auto sync iPod or something... Mine only syncs when it is connected and iTunes is already open.

i used disc utility and i reformated the whole ipod HD
then i installed the latest ipod update again
it uploaded 25 songs, then stopped. iTunes is now frozen.
It's either the Update is messed up, or my iTunes is messed up.

that's a good idea!
what is fsck -y????

EDIT: i found out its File System Check :D i'll try it out

still it freezes....
also my ipod is now frozen, i cant turn it off and i think its overheating :(
i'm getting really worried.... this ipod is NEW

Perhaps it's a defective model? Contact Apple and see if they will replace it.

If it wont turn off, hold MENU and PLAY/PAUSE at the same time till it resets
Then, hold OPTION and COMMAND when you plug it in when you connect it to iTunes. Keep holding till it shows up in iTunes. This will stop it from Auto Syncing. Re-install the iPod software.

If all this doesn't work, do a reinstall of OS X. I had teh same problem.

WOW IT SUDDENLY WORKS!
i just plugged it into the wall, then when it was fully charged i plugged it back into the firewire port [a different one this time] then i opened up itunes and updated, and it magically worked :D
thnx guys :)

Back