HELP OUT fellow MACUSERS -- please read!

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
Hi there.
There are about 6300 members on this forum.
I ask for your assistance in the following matter:

There is a petition, online, directed towards rainbow.gr (apple's official reseller in greece an cyprus) , and apple in general. It is concerning the matter of greek and MacOS X (and classic subsequently).

The petition in in greek so most of you wont understand it but in essence it talks about the need to have Greek support (as a keyboard layout, fonts and localization) in the International version (the one we use) of MacOS X.

As most of you know apple doesnt have a keyboard layout for Greek yet, and it has been about a year since MacOS X's intro into the world.

MacOS X currently comes in several FULL localization and supports many many more languages in terms of input (scripts and keyboard layouts). We, the greek mac users, want such support as well from this next generation operating system by apple.

The petition talks about classic as well, and how its basic framework (the greek version) hasnt been updated since the days of Mac System 7 (even though there is a version of MacOS 9 in greek)

It talks about the lack greek spell checker (just like the roman language spell checkers provided with appleworks).

It finally talks about the price differential of Macs in the USA and macs sold in Greece, the prices are much higher in greece than the USA, and the "allowance" of third parties to sell macs in greece, something that is not done at the moment (there are ONLY 2-3 "apple stores" in teh whole of greece!)

As one mac users to another, please go and sign this petition so that we greek macusers can enjoy what the germans, swedes, chinese, japanese, russians, and others already enjoy! Localization and a way to type in a "native" language.

When you sign it will ask for a name, e-mail and your profession.

Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/macgreek/petition.html

Admiral

Maybe you should ask Admin if he can sticky this post to the top of this section for a while so it doesn't get lost as new threads are added.

or we can just make greek jokes and keep bumping it up.:D

so AK, does that make you a greek geek?

(i can hardly wait to see who stands up for the Admiral and thinks i am insulting him)

btw - i am signing as soon as i post this.

I already signed it! :D Thanks for bringing this to everybody's attention, AdmiralAK.

Yay! My 100th post! Do I win something?

btw, for some reason, my girlfriend's family thinks that all Greeks are named something like Pappas Popodopolis... Well HA! Look at MY last name! :p Ha! I showed them!

Consider it stuck.

Now even though I can't read Greek, it doesn't mean I want to see Admiral get upset :p

signed, whats that last entry field? i presumed it was country, heck, i don't know, its all greek to me:eek:

Hey Ed.. I am a greek geek (and girls like it :p he he he -- at least in my dreams they do :p :p :p :p -- just joking-- no need to drag me away in a straight jacket ;-) )

Thanks to everyone that has signed it, and will sign it :)

The last entry field is "Profession"

Admiral

I was in Greece this summer(summer 2001) and I only saw PeeCees...it was a sad sight

BTW, I hope ƒŠŽŸ™™‡ means Location...cause otherwise I've signed this thing wrong

I checked out previous positions and most were greek, but one said the following:
1. Aíäñ†áò Óêõëßôóçò IT Manager - ®¢ñüåäñïò "AMUG Greece"

I'm guessing that the second one is your profession/job

I signed!

Admiral, can you translate "Phil Wood" into greek first for me?:D

I will sign this right now by the fact that it will save the admin about 4TB in memory and 10% in bandwith just by stoping further greek postings by you.:p

He he :)
Thanks guys :)
Since I posted this the petition has had about 35 signatures ... not badfor a days work -- keep em coming :)

In petition sign i.e. here you have :
Name (required)
Emails address (required)
&(&*ˆ¨ (required) ---> professions.

------
Phil Wood would be something like "filipos goont" lol

------

As for Macs in Greece, they do exist, I was on a "quest" in the summer of 2000 to find the apple stores in greece (only 3 in ALL of greece as I told you, 2 in athens) -- almost drove my,then, girlfriend crazy, but she liked the tangerine iBook lol.

To my sadness rainbow.gr chose to sell PC clones as well. rainbow has been a monopoly in greece in terms of macs and perhaps thats why prices are even higher there and people arent willing to buy macs. People dont even know what they are. Some living in athens and close to the "mac stores" know them simply as machines grafic artists use.
*sigh*
------------

Admiral

all our non greek names do stand out, don't they? It is pretty easy to guess who came from this site. :cool:

He he you all have a little greek in you :p
(who here was a member of a frat? or dabbled in physics ?? he he he)

Admiral

uh, guys - this thread has been made a sticky. no need to bump it up. it remains on top of main thread list regardless. (which i thought was a shame cause i wanted to hear some good greek jokes -he he):rolleyes:

Thanks sithious ;-)

Ed, it has been made a sticky but it only shows up on people's radars if its a "new" thread (if people use the "show new threads" search :)

439 sigs done -- probably 50 by macosx.com members... we need to get more signed lol ;-)

Admiral
PS: feel free to make jokes :p

Back