Help, safari 1.0 won't launch!

Dlatu1983

Prime Minister
I'm forced to write this with IE. Safari was working just fine until I updated to 1.0 a few minutes ago. Now every time I launch it, a dialog box pops up that says "error loading PithHelmet...failed loading classContextMenuHandler" when I click OK, it crashes and quits. I already trashed my "old" version of safari. What can I do to make the new one work?

Looks like Pith Helmet needs to be updated for this new version of Safari. Go to the website for Pith Helmet, I hear that the author has already provided an update to support Safari V 1.0 (but you could just uninstall pith helmet so you can use Safari)

What's pithhelmet? if I uninstall it to use safari, what else will it affect? For the time being, I just switched back to Safari Beta (got it from my sister's iMac with my iPod)

Diatu1983, pithhelmet did not come with safari, it's something you downloaded (or someone who uses your computer?) PithHelmet is accessory software, it adds content filtering & ad blocking specifically to Safari, perhaps a good thing, but currently broken with version 1 of Safari. If you search on versiontracker, you'll find some info about pith helmet, and probably a link to download the update to fix pith helmet, and then Safari should work, and you'll still have the functionality of Pith Helmet. Pith Helmet only purpose is to modify Safari, shouldn't affect any other app. :)

PithHelmet has not yet been updated for Safari 1.0.
Go to ~/Library/InputManagers and delete the SIMBL (or PithHelmet, in older versions) folder. Then Safari 1.0 will function properly.

Hmmm...works fine now. Whiel we're on teh subject of the library folder, does anyone know where I can get the icons that I've set for people on my iChat buddy list? I'm getting a new mac, and by the time it arrives (apparently, august), this one will be long since sold...I've copied all the com.ichat.xxxxxxxxx documents from my library/preferences folder. Where are the actual pics stored? Thanks.

Back