Help with 10.1.5....hurry Panther!!!!

Krisneph

Registered
Okay first of all my system has been really slowing down as of late. Every is laging and when I try to put my system to it to sleep it takes like, two minutes bofore it actualy goes to sleep. I know I should be using Jaguar, but now i'm just waiting for Panther. When I initialy fire up my system and go to my hard drive all the icons are all messed up, there all over the place so I have always go to "Arrange by name" and thats just annoying.

How much increase in performance will Panther give me ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advanced !!

Lots.

Download and run Macjanitor. That may be able to clean up some stuff in your system, especially if you shut it down at night.

Cocktail is also good. And there's a new version of OnyX out at MacUpdate. Repair your permissions also helps if you're adamant about not using Jag, which would be the easiest solution, imho.

Click HERE for the pre-jag repair utility (much simpler in Jag) there must be a way to do that from terminal, but I don't recall prior to Jaguar.
can these other mentioned utilities run on <10.2 ? Maybe partly, but most require 10.2 as a minimum.

Hurry, Panther (if it's close to as good as I read)

Back