Help with Mozilla Thunderbird Problem

pam.in.ny

Registered
I've been running Thunderbird on an IMac at work for over a year without any problems. Yesterday, I added an IMac so now there are 2 IMacs on the network. I downloaded and set up Thunderbird for the person using the added IMac without any problems. However, now, when Thunderbird checks for emails, if there is a message for her on the mail server, I get the mail and vice versa. I was checking her email settings, the alert sounded for new message, I checked her inbox and it was an email addressed to my account from a customer. I was later working on my computer when the new mail alert sounded. I looked in my inbox and 3 new emails came in. One address to her email address and 2 to my email address. What can I do to so that she receives emails addressed to her and I get my emails? IMacs are running OS 10.5.8 Thanks for any help.

You may setup more than one email account in each user account. It sounds exactly what you have done. It sounds like you setup multiple accounts in Thunderbird.

Each computer has its own Thunderbird and Thunderbird is set up with one email user account. Her Thunderbird is set up with only her user account and email address and my computer is set up with my own Thunderbird and that is set up with just my user email account and my email address.

I don't think it's possible for her account (with a separate email address?) to receive _your_ emails (addressed to you), and vice versa. Sounds like you put your own information in her account setup.
And you compounded that by adding her account information to your own Thunderbird setup. Why did you need to change your Thunderbird account settings? That's the only way that would happen as you describe it.
Did you look at your own settings to verify the other computer's account setup, then change your own computer, too?
You'll need to verify the actual settings for your (and the other) account with your support folks, I suppose - or have them look at your settings so that they can be verified as correct.

Why did you need to change your Thunderbird account settings?

My Settings on my computer haven't been changed in over a year and her
settings are set up with her own username and password. I'm going to have to
talk with the company tech to see if the accounts are aliased or merged
for some reason.

Back