help with prOn spam and .Mac / webmail

cwoody222

Registered
I have been able to keep my .Mac account pretty safe of spam for the past 2 years.

I think I've got less than a dozen pieces of spam in that time.

Suddenly I've been getting 1 pr0n spam mail every day for the past week. Just 1 a day like clockwork.

I use mac.com to check my account all day while I work. Does .Mac / Mail.app's spam filter not work via the web interface?

I really hate seeing these messages... however, once I get home and check Mail.app on my iMac, it has moved it to Junk (good!). They should be EASY to move to junk seeing as this jerk spammer is at least including "Sexually Explicit" in each subject.

Is there anything I can do (filter?) so that I won't see these even when I check via webmail?

I also hate that there's no way to delete the message in Mail.app (I like to delete them from Junk - I don't want it left on my machine!) without selecting it... which opens it! I've probably altered the spammer that the mail was "opened" which verified my email address.

My .Mac account expires in a few days and I do want to continue it due to iDisk but since I have a gmail account I'm thinking that might be a better way to go... but I hate to use .Mac w/o mail since $99 is a lot.

Any suggestions?

You don't have to open the mail to delete it -- instead of left-clicking on the email and then hitting the delete button, RIGHT-click (or Control-click for you one-button mouse users) on the email and select "delete" from the pop-up menu.

Back