Help With Safari

diegodeleon

Registered
Hello:

I need some help. I use Safari, Firefox, and camino, and none of the browsers will play video within the webpages or open a chatroom, this didn't happen before all of the sudden its happening. When I try to view a page that contains a video like youtube, I get the QUICKTIME Q with a question mark in the center, please someone help me I don't know what to do.

diego.deleon06@mac.com
ddmd7@aol.com

Thanks

What version of OS X and QuickTime are you running?

Some people have had success deleting on of the following files:

1) /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist and com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist .

2. Look in /YourHardDrive/Library/QuickTime and/or /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/QuickTime and look for older third party plugins. One of those might be interfering.

Also someone has come up with a flash Quicktime 7.2 Intel problem that you describe. Here is the fix:

1) Make sure you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash Player Software

2) Go in to: QuickTime Preferences > Advanced > MIME Stettings > Miscellaneous.

3) Deactivate the "Flash Media" option.

("This tells the browser not to to display Flash Media and lets the newly installed Adobe software work its magic.")

Once this done, re-download and install that latest Adobe Flash Player.

Hopefully one of these fixes will help you. Good Luck.

One more thing. A poster over at MacFixIt found this fix for himself:

smckinley said:
Another possible solution. After getting errors in Safari 'Quicktime plug-in 7.2 did not load correctly' on my MacBookPro with 10.4.10. After various re-installs of QT and 10.4.10, I finally found the culprit, an old 'QuickTime Plugin.plugin' from QT 6.5.2 installed in my /Users/'username'/Library/Internet Plug-ins. Once I trashed that everything works fine.

rtamesis said:
For me, removing the Quicktime Plugin.webplugin from the Internet Plug-ins folder in the Library allows me to be able to play back Quicktime movies on the web such as those iPhone tutorials on Apple's website.

One of these MacFixIt solutions may also work.

Back