Help

crankin

Registered
My Mac is driving me crazy!

Its a New Mac machine, less than a year old.
Mac OS X 10.5.6 Processor 2.66 GHz Intel core 2 Duo

Makes a very loud, random, "TADA" sound! I have checked the preferences on all applications, turned off all applications, and the only way it doesn't make the random sound is if I mute the machine entirely.

Does anyone know how to turn it off or make it stop????

Thanks, Dan

To where it is now for instance (I moved it).
Do you hear the "TADAA!" sound at startup? That would be the startup chime, telling the hardware passed the initial tests and the boot sequence begins...
Or.. when does the sound happen? If it's while OS is running, then open Console (/Applications/Utilities) and see if there is anything generated in it while you hear this chime.

It doesn't do it at start up. Just does it randomly throughout the time the machine is on. I have tried shutting down all applications and checking the preferences on all of them (sounds) with no luck. It's so random that by the time I open up the utilities, I can't find anything out of the ordinary.
I have a blue tooth/wireless keyboard....didn't know if the "TaDaa" had something to do with the blue tooth function???? Did notice it seems to happen more in the evening too! And more often when I have the TV function on.
Thanks for your help!!!

Dan

Does it occur on full hours, quarter hours, half hours and three quarter hours or anything like that? ;)

nah, i have checked the time when it happens, I remember ruling that out when it happened once at 8:58pm...

Thanks, Dan

We have had a couple of threads where a Dashboard widget causes odd sounds to suddenly begin.

Have you checked any Dashboard widgets that you may have added to your Mac, and might have settings for a variety of sounds?

hmmm, i'm not sure how to check the dash board widget sounds and preferences.
I'm kind f a new Mac user.

Thanks, Dan

Back