Herve's Bar & Grill

starter kit, eh, chevy? i would have liked to see that like in 1989 ... when i was looking for something like a starter kit. now i feel i'm quite used to.. :D

I detect a message in there... I love meat, though, I couldn't imagine going vegetarian. Well, I could: it would suck for me.

Anyway, those of you who miss having a scroll wheel may be interested in a Griffin Powermate.

Or there was a prefpane you could download that enabled all kinds of neat interactions with your touchpad -- like drag down the right side and it does the same as a scroll wheel, triple tap = right click... I can't remember the URL, but it looked like a cool system.

Hey, do any of you guys know by any chance were to get a black basic, hacker style apple or unix hat? .. i am so uncomfortable shopping in the clothes stores.. and redlightrunner.com etc dont sell those. :-/

i had seen those before, thanks though haz. they have more baseball cap style hats that i would like.

looks like someone got mad of this. :(

well, .. no reason to be jealous. if i see a mod of the boards at daytime that's no cheating. well, someone's just out now .. and mobile switched off etc etc.

i saw blade now, and started to see the godfathers. i want to see that trilogy a movie after movie, all tonite. :(

There was some software that came preinstalled on my new PowerBook. I had to format the hard drive, and was wondering - is that software on the restore DVD? And if so, any idea how get just the software from the DVD?

whatever came with the pb is on the software restore and install.

pacifist should extract the apps.

pacifist only found the OSX Installation stuff...

There is an installer app on the DVD called "Install Applications & Classic Support", and it kinda sounds they might be in there... but it does not look like it'll give me options as to what to install and what not - and I do NOT want Classic AT ALL on my PowerBook! Blah! :p

Mostly I want to rescue iDVD - altho I don't think I can actually use it on my PowerBook since I only have a Combo Drive - I was surprised to see it pre-installed!
But I was thinking maybe prepare a DVD from the PowerBook, then burn it from the DualG4 at home (once I buy a SuperDrive for it).

The Art Director's Tool Kit looked nice too...

Here's a question. How did the new Macs come with Classic support? Do they have an OS 9 'System Folder' in the root of the boot partition?

Hm .. when i got the pb, it had 9 and it's applications. I did not ever try to use the classic though, but I do remember seeing the folders for it (in the hd). As I never use the 9 for anything useful on my mac, I rather not have it installed at all. :-/

I feel weird. I don't want coffee.. unusual, huh.

arden: I tried but the "Installer" is actually a shortcut - and I think the target is hidden as I right-click and say "Show in Finder" nothing happens. The shortcut is grayed out in Pacifist.

G: Me either... Everything I used in OS9 I now have for OSX. So I have no need or desire to go back. OSX is the reason I went Mac! :)

I actually slept today! At least 6 hours! For like 2 or 3 weeks I've been a zombie getting no more than 3 hours sleep. And it all started when I met a girl... heh
;) :p :) :D
(and no, I haven't seen her since :( )

Back