Hexadecimal key?

iEuphoria

Registered
Hi, I recently bought an eMac G4 with MAC OS X v10.4 without any airport,
so I purchased a Sweex wireless adapter, compatible with Mac and installed the drivers.

Whilst connecting to my router (BT homehub) on the Site Survey tab in wireless utility I selected my router, and clicked Connect..
I came upon a page with the layout

Authentication type: Open
Encryption Type: WEP
WPA pre-shared Key: ------

and THEN asking for 4 "Hexadecimal" keys labelled
Key#1, Key#2 etc.

How do I find the four 26 character hexadecimal keys? to be able to connect to the router? PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

That page is telling you that you need to configure the security level that you want to use.
Open - means no security - it's turned off, and your connection is 'open'
WEP is one type of encryption for your connection (and not very secure), and that's what the BT Homehub has by default, I think.
or WPA, which is many levels more secure than WEP, and would need the passkeys that you were asked for. I think you simply choose those for yourself if you want to change to the WPA level of security.
If you don't want to make any changes at this time, you would simply type in the 10-character password (for WEP) which should be with the information that you have with the BT homehub, or BT would remind you what that password is if you call them.
Here's a BT support page that might help you quicker.
http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.c...p_cv=1.346&p_cats=346&s_cid=con_FURL_help/hub

10-character password (for WEP) which should be with the information that you have with the BT homehub, or BT would remind you what that password is if you call them

The password (Wireless Key) is on the back of the Home Hub.

Back