hide ip address

colimanut

Registered
Is there a way to hide or change my ip address. I have moved to Mexico from the US and several websites including some shopping and my financial institution sites will not let me do things on the site because they see my ip is from outside the US.

Several sites often open in Spanish even google and it is a drag to constantly try and get these sites back in English.

I have nothing to hide I just want use the internet as if I was still in the US.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you're behind a router, you can manually change your local address, but you can't change the address associated with your Internet connection. You'll have to contact the companies blocking you and ask for some kind of exception. Or ask your ISP.

Or use a proxy server.

A simple Google search will reveal many pay-for proxy services. A proxy server will allow you to redirect your traffic through another computer (the proxy server), such that any website you visit will see your traffic coming from the proxy computer, not your computer based in Mexico. Pick and use a proxy in the United States, and all the websites you visit will think you're accessing them from the United States.

The downsides are that proxy servers are typically slow (unless you opt for a pay service) and can be unpredictable.

Here is a list of open proxy servers:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

I make no statements about the legality of using such a service, as they have high potential for abuse and illegal activity (especially the ones listed on the page I linked to, as most of them are proxy servers that are meant for private use but have somehow leaked to the public).

Or use a proxy server.

A simple Google search will reveal many pay-for proxy services. A proxy server will allow you to redirect your traffic through another computer (the proxy server), such that any website you visit will see your traffic coming from the proxy computer, not your computer based in Mexico. Pick and use a proxy in the United States, and all the websites you visit will think you're accessing them from the United States.

The downsides are that proxy servers are typically slow (unless you opt for a pay service) and can be unpredictable.

Here is a list of open proxy servers:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

I make no statements about the legality of using such a service, as they have high potential for abuse and illegal activity (especially the ones listed on the page I linked to, as most of them are proxy servers that are meant for private use but have somehow leaked to the public).
thank you for the information.would you know if the paid for proxy servers are slower or have any other problems? If I decide to use a proxy server would it only effect one computer or all the macs connected to my router?

If a proxy ip is not working to my satisfaction can I get rid of it.

Asking a lot of questions because I do not want to do anything that will put my macs at risk.

Back