Highest load Averange?

NielZ

Registered
load.jpg

:)
And this image is nót faked by photoshop or something...
The reason of this was Neo. I was downloading some files, and my iMac got slower and slower... I saw Neo used 403 MB of RAM.

What's you're highest load averange?

How slow can you go? If I load up my system with major apps, I see the load go up to about 15 or so while apps are loading, then drop down to 2 or 3 after all are loaded. Why load so much? I like to see load below 1.00 iTunes is first app that I quit when I see a high load. Plus, I've got 1 GB RAM. Very seldom have any pageouts, even with Classic apps in use. That's maybe the biggest indicator on your screen that shows you could use more than 320 MB RAM

I don't think I've ever seen my mac go over 3 or 4. However, the machine I use at work (an E10k) sometimes reaches 150.

Vanguard

back when i only had 256mb and had accidentally given virtual pc 192mb to play around with i got into the hundreds of thousands of pageouts

and explorer will definitely suck up all the resources it can gets its dirty little tentacles onto, word too, pretty much any microsoft product i guess

one day i thought i would see if i could crash OSX. NO. But it got pretty slow!!

There were a hell of alot of pageouts too!

Attachments

• 300 threads.jpg
    300 threads.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
Back