Holy S#!? : FIRE.APP is a damn good app!!!

I haven't checked the Fire website in a while, but it used to say that file transfering was unlikely, although anyone else was welcome to try and add it.

I switched back to the OS X version of the true ICQ client because I was having too many problems with Fire. I realize it's not even a version 1.0 so it's bound to have problems.

Lack of file transfers, no decent way to add users, old messages re-appearing every time I started Fire (it was like it wasn't sending an acknowledgment that I received the message the first time). The Miribilis verison works just fine for me. I may re-try Fire once they hit 1.0 status, but I'm not going to waste my time until then.

It's a shame Gerry's ICQ doesn't work worth crap under OS X though.. as it was my primary ICQ client under OS 9. Now I just need to find a decent Yahoo! messenger for OS X.

Oh well.. to each their own.

I just downloaded Fire.App and for the life of me, I can't see a send message button and the command S option doesn't do anything. I verified I was online with both Yahoo and ICQ. Any advice would be helpful

Bruce

in Preferences under General, there are tons of options for notifying you a message was received in the background.

You can have the Fire icon bounce, make it stop bouncing either when you bring Fire to the front, or when you bring the specific message window to the front, you can have the Fire icon flash in the dock, or the coolest one of all . . .

Flash chat windows - this causes the message window that is trying to get your attention to turn translucent and back, fading in and out like the sleep light on a PowerBook. Very unobtrusive and effective.

That being said, one very cool feature of the official AIM client is the way its individual message windows work in the dock.

I love Fire, great piece of software.

-- Jason

Back