Hope this belongs here. Another Safari feature.

buc99

Don't Tread on Me!
I just found out you could drag and drop links from a web page within Safari. You can also drag a picture from a webpage into a Finder folder and Safari automatically downloads the image for you to that folder.

You can also drag a link to a finder folder, or to the address bar where it will automatically be loaded.

Neat huh?

Thanks.
SA
:)

Another great feature: I think Safari directly reads RTF files in the browser. Hope it could do so for PDF.

Yes it does open rtf files.
Unfortunately, it does not open pdf files natively. I hope someone from Apple will see this and add this request.
You can drag a rtf file from the finder and drop it in the address bar and Safari will load it automatically.
I've mentioned this hint before, but I'll do it again:
Save a bookmark.
Go into bookmarks and change the address of the bookmark to point to a directory in the Finder. Change the name of the bookmark to whatever you like and then add it to the bookmarks bar in Safari.
Now you can open that directory in the Finder with one simple click from Safari.
You place the potential. I think there is alot of potential for this feature. Html development, reading ebooks, quick clarification of a document ... etc.

If there are any Apple developers listening, Safari would be complete in my book if it could read pdf files natively.

Thanks.
SA
:)

I miss the explorer thing that you can drag the content in a window (like scrolling) with the command key and drag mouse.

Everyone rants about tabs, but I gotta say that I'd much rather have autofill and proper tabbing of form elements fixed (try it: in IE you can use the tab key to step through each and every element on a form, including pop-ups, buttons, checkboxes, etc. In Safari, you can only tab from text area to text area. A big drag!)

d1taylor: You ever used a tabbed browser? You seem to not quite get it... it allows many pages to be open from the same browser... its a feature Internet Explorer doesn't have, but most that have used it can't live without.

If you like using the tab key during browsing of the internet, you could try Lynx, its a console based browser, no mouse, you use arrow keys and the tab ( :) ) key to get around primarily. Most normal people however have discovered mice driven browsing :)

Its far easier to have Mozilla auto load several pages at startup, then browse though them at your disgression, or load a link in a new tab so you don't lose your place. I only ever have one version of Mozilla open at a time, thus I save resources, something IE could learn from!! Opening every link in a new window is a pain in the butt, and a much slower way to navigate the internet.

If you find the righ place on a web site (like to the right of the banner ad on this page) you can drag scroll

also safari is integrated with Quicktime and iTunes (probably other cool stuf too except there isn't an "add address to address book" option :-( )

Back