• 0 GB - 1 GB

• 1 GB - 5 GB

• 5 GB - 10 GB

• 10 GB - 20 GB

• 20+ GB

Results are only viewable after voting.

shatfield1529

s|hatfield not shat|field
I'm wondering how big everyone's MP3 collection is, how they got it, and how much of it is legal. Just kidding about that last part :p.

Anyway, mine is 5271 tracks, 14.7 days, and 19.27 GB. I got most of it by checking CD's from the public library. Amazingly, the selection is pretty decent. Also it's free, and I can just check it out, rip it, back it up to a MP3 CD, and then return it, no fuss. :D

my library is 1476 songs 6.85 gb... lately ive been download... i mean buying alot of new music, i think ill try that public library thing, its a great idea!

We have 400+ CD's... I can't imagine how much time it woud take to RIP them all to make a decent computer library...

It is just not worth the effort right now...

We have 400+ CD's... I can't imagine how much time it woud take to RIP them all to make a decent computer library...

If time is an issue... Have a kid (one you know won't rip you off) do it for you. Seriously, if you buy them a pizza and some soda (make sure you tell them not to get it on your computer) and a TV to watch, and they'll just sit there and switch the CD's in and out. The longer it takes, the cooler it will be for them, getting free pizza and pop.

Even better would be if you had a DVD player and Harry Potter or something (I don't know exactly what kids are into now; kinda sad, since I'm 17 myself). Kids have relatively low standards for staying entertained.

True leadership comes from those who know how to delegate responsibility, you know?

Originally posted by Ricky
:D That's a joke, right?

Not if they're MP4s, which I'm dying to do! :D

2.20GBs, 1:11:02:03 Total Time, 528 songs. :p
Yeah, it's patethic... Not all my albums have been ripped - and even then it'd still be pathetic, I need new music I just don't have the time or money. :p

I know this is a dead horse that's been beaten over and over, but I *can't wait* until there's MP4 support for the iPod!

I'll be able to fit my whole collection onto my iPod again! :D

I encode all my MP3's =>192Kbps. So, my 13GB collection is markedly fewer actual tracks than one might suspect.

Mars :)

At present time, 2365 songs, 5:23:08:50 total time, 9,05 GB is what iTunes says...collection growing by the day, must soon buy new harddisk...

You feelas are crazy! If I had a larger HD I'd probably up there with those 3 digit numbers. :D But for now:

621 songs, 1.7 days, 2.63 GB (almost one full partition! :eek: )

6098, 19:08:35:07, 30.98GB

Th vast majority of my tracks are ripped from ~600 CDs (I still have ~200 to go) but there's a measurable number of downloads and such in there as well. Combined with an AudioTron this makes for the best music solution I've found so far. (Trying to find something to listen to by shuffling through more than about 300 CDs is suprisingly dfficult and frustrating). Once Apple ships a 40GB iPod, I will be able to achieve listening nirvana (or maybe I should hold out for the 60...)

All these tracks (well, except for the downloads) were encoded using LAME in VBR (lame --r3mix for people who know/care about such things).

-alex

Hey fellas let's keep this a happy thread, Ok? Nobody wants to know what amount of songs you downloaded compaired to the songs you bought. Just post how big your collection is and let us all stare in amazement. :)

We should make it a contest of sorts...

Um. No. Not legally.:p

I got a leaked final version of the album about a week before it came out. It was given to me by a member of the forum, but who? Could it be...SATANICPOPTART!!!! No. Maybe Trip. No not Trip. I will not divulge the identity of the member here.

BTW. I do plan on buying the actual album.

Back