How Can I Get Apple Mail Backedup On My Hard Drive?

Rick Thomas

Registered
Hello Everyone,

Is there any legitimate solution to backup Apple mail on my hard drive, I have had lost and corrupted mails by archiving process. I need a more promising solution to this issue. Please help me out here.

Thanks

Whitehill

Registered
... lost and corrupted mails by archiving process.
I'm assuming you're talking about Mail's "archive" mbox-es. I have never used that mechanism, so I just tried it on a couple messages in two IMAP accounts. It created an archive box on the IMAP server in both cases, and copied the messages to them. I suspect without proof that it creates the mbox locally for a POP account. Which kind do you use?

For IMAP, you have to trust your server and Apple's copy process. For POP, you have to trust your local backup processes. I recommend Time Machine in conjunction with SuperDuper! using two physically different external disks. This has saved my butt more than once.

Rick Thomas

Registered
Well this was the kind of reply i wanted, the third party app, Mail Backup X is a stunning application. Its everything i want. It can ackup emails from different email clients on mac, infact all the email clients on mac even gmail and yahoo as well. I am using this app since 2 weeks and haven't got any issues till now

Thanks for sharing. You rock.. :D