How can I limit outgoing calls to 5 minutes in 13.6?

RonaldMacDonald

Registered
I have an iphone 6s. Is there a way to make outgoing calls disconnect in 5 minutes? The phone plan plan I am on costs an arm and a leg after 5 minutes.

Can this be done in iPhone or do I need an app. I so, which one is good for this purpose? I do not need a lot of bells and whistles - just cutoff the call.

Thanks

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
Just tell then you have to use the call of nature and have to go! That works for me all the time!

Cheryl

Rosie Moderator
Staff member
Mod
Somethings require a call, a conversation.
Agreed. But what you are looking for is an app that will just automatically cut off your call after 5 minutes which can be taken as rude if you or the person you called is in mid sentence.
You could set a timer for 5 minutes. When it goes off, say 'oops, I gotta go.' and then hang up.

SGilbert

Registered
I just don't understand! Are you on the $1/month plan? I know this is Japan, but every plan I have ever seen or heard of includes calling & text. Yes, you pay for data, but in this day & age, the rest is included in your plan.

Ok, they may limit your texts, and even phone calls to a certain number of minutes/month of cheap plans----but never heard of 5 minute, or any other time, limit/call.

Absolutely ridiculous! Dump your carrier, I'm sure you have others to choose from.

Rant over! :)

Kurego

Registered
Yes, ridiculous . . . Japan has the most expensive carrier rates on earth!
Yeap, been there many times and it's crazy. In general Japan is very expensive. But when I was there I could buy only data card for the phone, was not possible to get any sim card that included calls (to do so you have to be a resident and not tourist). But when I visited my friend at his Thai condo at the airport I bought a proper sim card and it was working perfectly. Depends on a country as always.

Last edited: