How do I get large size photo files to burn on a DVD?

mommajet

Registered
I have exported photos from iPhoto to my desktop. I want to burn the original size files to a DVD. I take pictures in the raw format-so the files are quite large. My DVD does not show up on my desktop to drag and drop the file into it or does it work to drag the photo folder to the trash to burn it. I have to make a burn folder --drag the album folder to it and then burn--but the photos are compressed when I do that. I need the large file sized pictures--for the resolution to print larger pictures. (I load them onto a PC for use in a program which won't run on the Mac:() I would appreciate any tips on how to keep the files their original size and not compressed when burning to a DVD.

I am having problems doing that--when ever I burn from the burn file even though I have exported from Iphoto to the desk top in original file photos they burn compressed. How to I make sure they are going to burn in original size?? I have tried over and over and I always get compressed photos. :-

Try dragging the photos from the iPhoto window onto the Desktop, then to the icon of the disc in your drive, the one you want the photos burnt onto, then drag the disc icon over the Trash on your Dock, which should initiate the burn process ..... bear in mind you would want to have the right amount of files so you don't waste the burn.

The DVD icon doesn't show up on my desktop--I drug it there from the finder and then I pulled the Folder of photos I wanted to burn--they were burned in the original size--the ones that burned--there were lots of blanks. I checked the folder of exported photos and alot were blank--so something else is wrong that the photos are not all exporting from iPhoto. I think there is something wrong with Color Sync. as I get a lot of blank photos and a message that says that ColorSync cannot oven the thumbnail--I tried to repair ColorSync and it has a lot of items that can't be repaired. Any advice.

Back