How Do I remove the Apple Mighty Mouse driver?

Imagine

Registered
Along with Apple's new Mighty Mouse is a CD with its own driver installation. I'd like to try using USB Overdrive, because I'd like to use a right click button as a keystroke, which Apple's driver doesn't include.

I have to remove Apple's driver in order to use USB Overdrive. What folder would that be in?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Dean

I think all you need to do is move the mighty mouse pref pane out of its pref pane folder. You will probably find this in the main Library/PreferencePanes folder. If you don't see it there, go to the /System/Library/PreferencePanes folder. Either one of those locations might ask you to enter your password before it can be moved. Copy to a folder on your desktop, and then logout, and log back in as the same user. You should not have your Mighty Mouse plugged in when you do this, as the driver will be active while the Mighty Mouse is detected.
I think I read that USB OverDrive is not yet updated to work with the Mighty Mouse, but you can try it.

Thanks DeltaMac, I'll give it a try. According to the USB Overdrive website, a few people have used it with MM and have said it works. I'll post my results.

Thanks again
Dean

Well, I looked in all the Pref Pane folders, and there isn't a mighty mouse pane. It's part of the Keyboard.prefPane, and when you remove that, it removes function to the keyboard, and when I did remove the Keyboard.prefPane, I could still use MM as though the Pane was never removed. Maybe they call it something else, I don't know.

Back