How do you remove the "Save As Source" in QuickTime?

Imagine

Registered
I have a website, and a link to a video. The video opens in a html window, QuickTime 7 format. Right below the screen are features, such as the volume, Play/Pause button, and at the far right, an arrow pointing south. In it are features to save the video.

I don't want this video on other people's desktop. How do I prevent it from being downloaded?

Thanks in advance.
Dean

Imagine said:
I have a website, and a link to a video. The video opens in a html window, QuickTime 7 format. Right below the screen are features, such as the volume, Play/Pause button, and at the far right, an arrow pointing south. In it are features to save the video.

I don't want this video on other people's desktop. How do I prevent it from being downloaded?

Thanks in advance.
Dean
I think that you may prevent downloads by streaming the video. I believe there are workarounds even for streaming video. Even if you disable the Save As... function of your visitors' browsers, you cannot disable their ability to save files in their browser caches.

There is an easy (somewhat) way to save a streaming movie. You will have to find the html url (probably from Safari's Activity window) and copy it. Then paste the url into a Safari Download Window and the movie will download. The hard part is just finding the url with the movie on it.

I was told adding this code would remove it.

<embed src="sample.mov" width="200" height="240" kioskmode="true">

Back