How many iTunes songs have you bought?

mightyjlr

Registered
I was looking at my Purchased Music playlist, and I realized how "great" the iTunes Music Store is. I have 523 purchased songs. A "great" service by Apple but not "great" for my wallet. That is $500 that I would have never spent on music, even though I am a music junkie and have a collection of iPods that is much too large. I was just wondering how much other people have spent... and I just hope someone has spent more than I...

I've only bought about 15. On the down side, I've spent a LOT of my time, which is worth something, ripping CDs and turning vinyl into digital. The main reason I've limited myself is because of the inability to turn purchased music into MP3 easily. I don't have an iPod, but I do have CD portable player which plays MP3. Thus I can drop the equivalent of 8-10 albums on a single CD, enough for a long drive or a week's worth of jogging.

Probably between 30 and 40 songs, I killed my iTunes library moving it from an external firewire drive to my new 40gb internal drive on my powerbook, and when I reimported all my music, they don't appear in the Purchased Music playlist any more. Guess I'll have to search for aac files and manually put them in the playlist sometime. $500 ... damn! Funny thing is, I download one album, burned it to a CD so I could listen in the car, and figured out that I really like getting the packaging when I buy a CD for the artwork and lyrics. So I've been buying used CD's on Amazon instead. But I'll buy individual songs if I hear something I like and don't necessarily want to purchase the album. Not sure if there's a 12-step program for iTunes Music Store yet ;)

Update: Had a heck of a time searching for the .aac files, since they're named .m4p ... like that makes a lick of sense! Actually count is 41

I've bought 4 different albums from the iTunes Music Store. I really like it's ease of use. There is nothing better than browsing around the store late on a Friday and unearthing a nice album to listen to for the weekend.

Dude, if you're crabbing about missing your $500, you can only blame yourself. Apple sends you periodic invoices, so you shouldn't have been surprised...

We've bought 15 songs or so, between me and my wife.

28 songs. I would have more, but I don't have a credit card yet, nor do I get a music allowance.

Not even on the waiting list here in Cairo, but I'm waiting for my first gift certificate. Then what to do with the 56k barrier? :confused:

Most artists that I like, I will still go out and buy the physical album. I still enjoy having the lyrics booklets, physical album art, and all that. I did however buy ONE song.... Black Eyed Peas "Where Is the Love?"

voice- said:
I've spent nothing. Sadly, Apple still won't let us Europeans pay for downloaded music...

No, the RIAA won't let you download music... They're hemming and hawing on the deals...

I have 197 songs. Many of which have been purchaced in album form.

I am very satisfied with what I get for my money.

left out european as well. i got a sony net md player and even once the music store's out i'd have to go through some massive pains to get it on the player. why? because itunes is, as great as it is, not supporting that player.

29 here. In order of purchase:

1. Not the Same - Ben Folds
2. Brick - Ben Folds
3. The Old Apartment - Barnaked Ladies (deleted after I realized I wanted the album)
4 - 22. Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits - Barenaked Ladies
23. Best Imitation of Myself - Ben Folds
24. Emaline - Ben Folds
25. Zak and Sara - Ben Folds
26. Army - Ben Folds
27. There's Always Cooler Than You - Ben Folds
28. Songs of Love - Ben Folds
29. Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head - Ben Folds Five

And yes, I realize that Ben Folds Five wrote Brick and Army, but I bought those songs from the Ben Folds Live album.

98 songs, all by the album

about 70 of them since getting my new powerbook. cd burning has made itunes much cooler

I've bought none; not because I'm European, which I'm not, but because I don't have a machine both with OS X and the Internet.

For all you Europeans, buy a gift certificate for yourself, then you can use the account for that certificate to download, I believe. I'm not quite sure how it works, but it's something like that...

arden said:
For all you Europeans, buy a gift certificate for yourself, then you can use the account for that certificate to download, I believe. I'm not quite sure how it works, but it's something like that...

Maybe someone can write a howto for this in the howto's section?
I'm in Australia and I might give the whole gift certificate a go, if I could figure out precisely what to do.

A series of step by steps would be most useful.

Back