How Many People Here Have Macmini S??

JazzAzz

Registered
Or which others, mention what you have, If a Mini on a scale of 1>10, 10 being the Highest, how much do you like it?? Would you buy one again??? Got my 2014 model on New Years day, already having the peripherals, monitor, USB wireless KB, mouse. I retired an old 2006 Windows XP desktop, that I had converted to Linux (Mint 17), and am presently typing on my Chromebook, which is a fast machine (Over Wifi), but not as lightning fast as my Mini connected to the ethernet (Using AT&T Uverse, set at 18 Mbps, Getting nearly 23). Anyway I love my Mini. Would never have considered an Apple machine, since they are so costly, but the Mini s not so much, reasonable IMO. I got the 8 G RAM & 1 TB HD model, the second one up.

I use two 2012 minis, both bought shortly before the 2014 was released. More upgradeable than the 2014.
One has a hard drive, the other an SSD.
Both have 10GB RAM installed, identical except for storage drive.
The hard drive one is OK, but the SSD makes a huge difference in performance - so, something you could consider.

I use two 2012 minis, both bought shortly before the 2014 was released. More upgradeable than the 2014.
One has a hard drive, the other an SSD.
Both have 10GB RAM installed, identical except for storage drive.
The hard drive one is OK, but the SSD makes a huge difference in performance - so, something you could consider.

Got my 2014 model at Best Buy. Had they carried the SSD model with 200+G SSD I would have gotten that. On my Old Windows machine, I only used less than 25% of its' 160G HD. I am not a collector of stuff on a PC, music & such. This old dinosaur prefers Hard Media, CDs, vinyl LPs, DVDs, Blu Rays, etc. But I have begun SAVING a couple or three albums on Spotify, THEIR SERVER>>LOL>> so I guess there is hope for me yet :).

Anyway my 2014 model is not upgradeable or easily upgradeable, but its' 8G RAM is 4 Xs more than the desktop I max'ed out at 2G, that believe it or not came with 512 Megs>>LOL. And this Mini is lightning fast, even compared to my Chromebook, but that is used over my WiFi.

Back