how much could i sell my imac aluminum 20" for?

http://www.mac2sell.net

Another place to gauge price is to look on eBay at what comparable machines are being sold for.

"What is my machine worth" is only a valid question if you're a collector of Mac computers, since what something is worth is not necessarily what you could sell it for. What you can sell your computer for depends on what the market can bear and what people are willing to pay, not what the machine is actually worth.

I have an old G4 500MHz with 3 x 120GB drives, two Radeon 9200 video cards, a whole slew of PCI cards and a lot of love in it. It's "worth" probably $400 -- could I get that much for it if I sold it? Not even close.

Are you looking to find out what the value of your machine is (i.e., what it's "worth"), or are you looking to sell your computer?

Last edited:
http://www.mac2sell.net

Another place to gauge price is to look on eBay at what comparable machines are being sold for.

"What is my machine worth" is only a valid question if you're a collector of Mac computers, since what something is worth is not necessarily what you could sell it for. What you can sell your computer for depends on what the market can bear and what people are willing to pay, not what the machine is actually worth.

I have an old G4 500MHz with 3 x 120GB drives, two Radeon 9200 video cards, a whole slew of PCI cards and a lot of love in it. It's "worth" probably $400 -- could I get that much for it if I sold it? Not even close.

Are you looking to find out what the value of your machine is (i.e., what it's "worth"), or are you looking to sell your computer?

Well I'm looking to sell to maybe help buy a MacBook pro or the new imac

Gah, I just saw that you said "sell" in your post subject line. Don't know why I went on that diatribe about "worth" vs. "sell." Sorry!

What are the exact specs of the computer? As in, iMac 20" Aluminum - 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor - 1.5GB hard drive - 2GB RAM, etc...

Without knowing which exact model it is, it's tough to say... processor speed would be of the utmost importance in determining how much it's worth.

Gah, I just saw that you said "sell" in your post subject line. Don't know why I went on that diatribe about "worth" vs. "sell." Sorry!

What are the exact specs of the computer? As in, iMac 20" Aluminum - 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor - 1.5GB hard drive - 2GB RAM, etc...

Without knowing which exact model it is, it's tough to say... processor speed would be of the utmost importance in determining how much it's worth.

Haha its ok man but umm it has a 2.4GHz core 2 duo processor, 1.5tb hd, 2gb of sdram. Yeahh that's the important specs everyone worries about

True, but the first listing has 3GB of RAM, also.

You may be able to add $50 to the price or so. Hard drives are cheap. 1.5TB goes for less than $100 these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337

I mean, truth be told, you could probably find someone to buy it from you for an upward of $800 -- can anyone help you find that particular person? Probably not. Unless you personally know someone who's interested in obtaining a used Mac, your best bet would be eBay or (shudder) Craigslist -- but be careful with the latter.

True, but the first listing has 3GB of RAM, also.

You may be able to add $50 to the price or so. Hard drives are cheap. 1.5TB goes for less than $100 these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337

I mean, truth be told, you could probably find someone to buy it from you for an upward of $800 -- can anyone help you find that particular person? Probably not. Unless you personally know someone who's interested in obtaining a used Mac, your best bet would be eBay or (shudder) Craigslist -- but be careful with the latter.

Ok thanks a lot if I sell it for that much ill prolly just get a mac.mini then find a led monitor

That's the exact setup I have: a 2009 Mac mini with the Apple 24" LED monitor. Beautiful setup, I must say. Plus I just found out the other day that this Mac mini (with a firmware update released months ago) supports 8GB of RAM, which can be had for around $200. With 5 1TB external drives hooked up to it, a 7200rpm 320GB hard drive upgrade, and loads of RAM, there's really nothing else I need (save for my iPad!).

The newer Mac mini is even sweeter. I may look into selling this one and putting that money toward a new one.

Good luck -- let us know how it goes!

That's the exact setup I have: a 2009 Mac mini with the Apple 24" LED monitor. Beautiful setup, I must say. Plus I just found out the other day that this Mac mini (with a firmware update released months ago) supports 8GB of RAM, which can be had for around $200. With 5 1TB external drives hooked up to it, a 7200rpm 320GB hard drive upgrade, and loads of RAM, there's really nothing else I need (save for my iPad!).

The newer Mac mini is even sweeter. I may look into selling this one and putting that money toward a new one.

Good luck -- let us know how it goes!

That's the exact setup I want, a job is hard to come by these days, do you have the aluminum mac mini?

Back