how much $ exactly is the goal???...

JetwingX

iWork for Apple <3
i mean we are at 78%, but that doesn't tell me anything. I haven't seen an exact $ amount anywhere (maybe i haven't looked hard enough?)

they won't tell us :)
but thats ok, i doubt its anything astronomically high. it's just for isp costs and mabye some hardware...
what kind of bandwidth does this site have? does it run on t1 or dsl?

DSL? That's mildly amusing. :) macosx.com is hosted with DigitalCrowd (digitalcrowd.com). But wait, DigitalCrowd's founder is Scott William. Is that the same Scott that runs the board? 65.204.248.113 (macosx.com's IP) is owned by UUNet (Alter.Net/WorldCom) so they either host with someone that uses UUNet or they have a pipe through UUNet themselves.

Oh wait...missed it...The IP is allocated to Arsalon Technologies (arsalon.net) which would be one of UUNet's clients. So, DigitalCrowd most likely has a dedicated server through them.

- Gimpy

Originally posted by mr. K

what kind of bandwidth does this site have? does it run on t1 or dsl?

Scott posted the amount it takes to keep the place going. Do some searching.

Originally posted by Gimpy00Wang
DSL? That's mildly amusing. :) macosx.com is hosted with DigitalCrowd (digitalcrowd.com). But wait, DigitalCrowd's founder is Scott William. Is that the same Scott that runs the board? 65.204.248.113 (macosx.com's IP) is owned by UUNet (Alter.Net/WorldCom) so they either host with someone that uses UUNet or they have a pipe through UUNet themselves.

Oh wait...missed it...The IP is allocated to Arsalon Technologies (arsalon.net) which would be one of UUNet's clients. So, DigitalCrowd most likely has a dedicated server through them.

- Gimpy

I think I heard 100 Mbit once to be exact. But anyway, for sites like this, the server machine itself counts just as much. If the database server isn't powerful enough, bandwith doesn't help much.

Originally posted by bobw
Scott posted the amount it takes to keep the place going. Do some searching.
damn you:rolleyes: your laziness is canceling out my laziness :mad: ;) :D ::sleepy::

Back