How To Copy Files From Ntfs Usb To Mac Pc And Mac Pc To Ntfs Usb?

Mohan Rajesh.K

Registered
Iam having a Mac Mini
iam using a HP 8 GB USB in NTFS format to copy files from MAC mini to my usb it is not showing paste option when i right click in my usb.
so that i changed my USB from NTFS to FAT32 now it is saying that "It is not possible to copy the to destination it is too large for destination format"

How to solve this?

Help Me!!...

OS X requires a third-party driver to write to a NTFS volume. I use the free NTFS-3G from Tuxera. Newer versions of OS X require a user-applied patch. Commercial NTFS drivers don't require the patch, but they do cost money.

The primary reason for going to NTFS in the first place it to handle larger capacity file volumes on Microsoft operating systems. Reformatting to FAT32 is exactly the wrong tack to take. For larger capacity Windows-compatible volumes, Apple supports Microsoft's exFAT file system. It does not require a third-party driver.

OS X works fine with exFAT filesystem. Only problem is, it cannot format a drive to exFAT, you have to use Windows to format the disk.

OS X works fine with exFAT filesystem. Only problem is, it cannot format a drive to exFAT, you have to use Windows to format the disk.

I can format drives as exFAT in OS X. Never had an issue. Running 10.8.4 right now. I've actually never done it in Windows.

The only downside to exFAT I've encountered is that other devices don't support it. For example, my smart TV only handles FAT32.

I can format drives as exFAT in OS X. Never had an issue. Running 10.8.4 right now. I've actually never done it in Windows.

The only downside to exFAT I've encountered is that other devices don't support it. For example, my smart TV only handles FAT32.

Looks like your smart TV isn't to smart! :D

Back