How to Fix Safari ...

vja4Him

Registered
Something is terribly wrong with Safari ...

I keep getting a error message:

"Safari can't connect to the server."

"Safari can't open the page "http://www.apple.com/startpage/" because Safari can't connect to the server "www.apple.com".

Doesn't matter which webpage I try to access, Safari doesn't work anymore.

I've tried deleting the Cache, Cookies, plist.

I just deleted Safari altogether and all Safari files that I could find, emptied the Trash, then downloaded the most recent version of Safari from Apple, and installed.

Still have exactly the same problem.

Several days ago, I Reset Safari, which fixed the problem for a couple days. I've tried to Reset Safari many times today, but still have the same problem ....

Is this an issue with Snow Leopard 6.8? Any ideas how to fix this issue ... ???

Let's first get this straight. There is absolutely positively nothing wrong with Safari in its ability to access the Web. It sounds like you have enabled Internet access by proxy server without actually configuring your proxy server.

Let's first get this straight. There is absolutely positively nothing wrong with Safari in its ability to access the Web. It sounds like you have enabled Internet access by proxy server without actually configuring your proxy server.

Proxies are off.

Something strange happened today ... I opened a message in Mail, and clicked on one of the links in the message, which opened up Safari!

Safari is now working again. I tried closing and re-opening Safari several times, and it's still working.

Just when I though that Safari was working ok, it is now doing exactly the same thing as before ....

I've tried deleting the plist many times, resetting
Safari many times, clicking on links in my e-mail messages and other
active links, which open Safari, but it still will not work. Restarted my computer, but that also did not help.

Looks like the newest version of Safari has some very serious bugs ....

Hopefully the developers will fix this bug soon ....

One other note:

All day yesterday up until late last night, Safari was working just fine. I shut my computer down last night, then when I booted up this morning, Safari would not work.

Could this somehow cause Safari to not work ... ???

Maybe Safari will mysteriously start working again ......

Last edited:
What older QuickTime or Flash Player do you have? Make sure all these third party plugins are all up to date.

Plus right upon a crash immediately open /Applications/Utilities/Console and see what error message says about the crash (please don't post your whole log file). This way you might be able to trace down the problem.

Back