How to format ntfs with bootcamp???

Drew2246

Registered
I am trying to create a partition with bootcamp where I can install windows 7 on my MAC OS X MACBOOK.

I create the partition and then when I try and install windows 7 on that partition it says that I can't because it is not formatted as NTFS.... when i try and create the partition again it never really gives me an option as to how I'd like to format it.

How do I get around this??

Boot Camp doesn't format the partition at all. It simply creates the un-formatted partition. It's left to your Windows installer to do that final partition. I think that Windows 7 does not give you any choice other than NTFS, so you should be OK with what the Win7 installer does for you. Here's a good step-by-step that might help you get over the 'bumps'. http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/1...ndows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

I think you should run the Boot Camp utility again, and remove the partition that you created the first time, then run Boot Camp again to make a fresh partition.
Are you giving Win 7 enough space? I think 40-60 GB should be a good amount for a Windows install...

Back