[How To] get the Dashboard to update faster.

For a widget to update at your whim. Just click on widget, then be a keyboard commander, hit command key+r. This will force the widget to refresh.

Satcomer said:
For a widget to update at your whim. Just click on widget, then be a keyboard commander, hit command key+r. This will force the widget to refresh.

That is the coolest use of quartz extreme I've yet seen (whirlpool effect)! Wow. Handy and pretty. :)

zo219 said:
As for slow Dashboards, you might try the new Dashboard Starter, a free third-party download.
OK, I've trawled the net for hours and found no trace of such an application, can you post a link?

ooh, lovely.

Thankyou my good man, bloody cooking here today in York - even passing wind can be a sweat inducing effort, I guess Leeds will be just as hot ;-) Love the WINDOWS thing.

What i really want is to get Dashboard to work like konfabulator and leave the widgets glued to the desktop or floating like ghost above other windows. The konspose style is just irritating. I never used it with konfabulator except for some system monitor widgets...

ONYX (google it) will allow you to turn the dashboard into Developers Mode, which means you can drag Widgets onto the desktop, where they stay. they however take the priority, and stay above all other windows.

The best way I have found to have a more instantaneous result with Dashboard is to download Dashboard KickStart 2.1... This will preload your widgets when you boot up or wake up from sleep.

Also - when you restart your Mac a bit more often than I do (now uptime 65 days on 10.4) the dashboard is faster too.. it starts to have a few more seconds delay once your system's uptime goes beyond one month or so...

65 days... that's impressive. And yet all my Winfriends still think Macs are unstable. If I may ask, what's your secret, and what's that machine used for, primarily?

Back