How to import Outlook Express email messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rina B

Registered
I just got my new Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.7. I have been using Microsoft Outlook Express as my email client for years and most of my emails are no longer stored on the internet email server. Since these are work emails, I cannot go without them. I have saved all of the .dbx files from my old computer's Outlook Express store location. Now I need to restore all of them on my Mac. So two questions:
1. How can I restore the emails from the .dbx files?
2. Which email client should I use? (I am open to both Outlook for Mac and Mail)

Thank you!

Hey I'm too late to make a reply here, but it would just be a general reply.

1. How can I restore the emails from the DBX files?
    As the email messages are no longer stored on the Internet email server, the only way to restore the email messages from the DBX files is by using a third-party DBX recovery tool. The email messages can be restored from the DBX files in EML format, which is supported by Mac for Outlook as well as AppleMail. I can recommend SysInfoTools DBX Recovery tool here that can restore email messages from the DBX files and convert them into EML format.
  2. Which email client should I use?
    I'm using Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011. It's good. AppleMail would also be a good choice.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back