how to import rss feeds from netnewswire into safari

Here's how I did it, but there may be better ways...

1) In Safari, click the show all bookmarks icon (or choose it from the menu)
2) create a new bookmark folder and name it something like "Feeds"
3) start up netnewswirelite
4) Click on a subscription, then do command-A (select all)
5) drag the subscriptions over to the Feeds folder in Safari

Safari won't recognize the urls as feeds until you visit them, so another handy step is to ctrl-click the Feeds folder and select "open in tabs".

Cheers,
Dean

I made a separate RSS folder for the Book Marks bar and save the feeds I want to that in the same way as any other site.
I just went to the sites I wanted from netnewswire, clicked the RSS in Safari address bar and saved in my RSS folder.
Bit slow but I don't have many.

thanks guys.
i was really excited about rss in safari, but now i realize i will have to stick with netnewswire. if only could safari keep track of the feeds i've already read, it would be great...
tench

Ashka said:
I made a separate RSS folder for the Book Marks bar and save the feeds I want to that in the same way as any other site.
I just went to the sites I wanted from netnewswire, clicked the RSS in Safari address bar and saved in my RSS folder.
Bit slow but I don't have many.

My simplistic procedure was pretty much like yours. I moved the Safari "All RSS Feeds" folder to my bookmarks bar and set up my own folder in the bookmarks bar--"RSS Feeds." Then, I went to the sites I am interested in using the "All ..." folder's contents and added the sites to the "RSS Feeds" folder. When done, I moved the "All ..." folder back to its original location.

Back