How to install 3.5" drive in B&W g3?

kommakazi

Hack the Planet!@#
I have a G3 tower that did not ship with a drive installed into the 3.5" drive bay. Now I want to install a drive into it, but cannot figure out how to get a drive into it! The whole thing is like covered in metal plates which I cannot figure out how to remove. Does anyone know how to go about this? Please let me know! Thanks in advance..

Remove the drive bezel (plastic area around CD drive door) by opening the computer side. You'll see two little tabs inside the front edge near the bezel. press those, and the bezel will pop off. remove the 2 screws on front of drive rack, and the whole drive box will slide right out! you can put a harddrive or a zip or other 3 1/2 thing in there. Make sure drive is jumper-set as a slave, assemble with correct size mounting screws, attach a power connector and connect ribbon cable (probably 2nd connector on cable already attached to Cdrom. reinsert drive box, screw in, pop on bezel. you're done, should take about 5 minutes..

Thanks! I tried unscrewing those screws under the bezel before...I guess I just didn't pull hard enough or something! Thanks though!

Back