how to install mac os x

wild_horse

Registered
hi,
im a new user of MAC OS and i have lots of questions here
it start with how to install it on a pc ,i have a toshiba laptop A75 and i would like to use the MAC os so i need all help?
can i
i wish not bothering anyone here...im just new
thank you

You cannot install Mac OS X on anything other than Macintosh PowerPC hardware. This is a hardware limitation -- not some limitation imposed by Apple. Similarly, you cannot run Windows on Macintosh PowerPC hardware.

There is emulation software that will let you do both of those things above, but the emulated operating system runs at a fraction of the speed of the "normal" operating system, making it basically unusable.

wild_horse said:
so there is no chance to run MAC on my laptop ?
even if i change the HD to the format it can work with ?
It has nothing to do with the format of the hard drive... it has to do with the hardware you are using.

You could sell the laptop and use that money towards getting a PowerBook (even a used one).

Otherwise, there are a lot of other operating systems the could work on your laptop... but none of them are going to be Mac OS X.

well u know i use windows from long time and also i tried linux but i have feeling to use mac i read lots about it and i wonder how it will be
but that give me and question it is what is more in mac i cant find it in windows?
is it in the oprating system or in hardware or what is it faster than windows is it more security?....lots of questins any answer for this

Go to an Apple shop and try it out for yourself. There is no way to objectively describe the experience of using a Mac. You may not like what I like. And conversely, I may not like what you like. Therefore the only way for you to know how the Mac feels is to use it.

wild_horse: if you can figure out how to install linux then I would think you would know that osx is for mac hardware only.. come on now.

Moved to System & Software

Wild horse - Please read the Forum descriptions. The HOWTO Forum is not for asking questions.

Thanks

Wild-Horse, there is a version of OS X's open source Darwin kernel that has been ported to the PC. It is a pure command line Unix with none of the GUI and high level features of OS X that make it OS X. (I don't even know whether X11 is available for Darwin or not.) You cannot use Darwin to run either Windows or Macintosh applications but you could run recompiled BSD Unix applications.

Darwin supports X11. You can run GNOME and KDE on it, but seeing as the experience is far from being a Mac experience, I'm not surprised that not many people (sans developers) use it.

Back