how to manage partitions in os9?

lookslikeu

Registered
hello people, my boss gave me his old g4 (the one with the blue case) with os9.2 in it. i reinstalled os9 thinking it would restore the computer back to its original settings and such but it didn't.. it has 3 partitions i believe and well.. i would like to know how to delete/add partitions on my drive? i tried fiddling with the disk aid and such but i can't seem to find any solution.
-thank you.

Boot from the OS 9 Install CD. Open "Disk Utility", then use Disk Utility to partition the drive back into a single partition.

After that, you can continue with a fresh and clean OS 9 install on a single-partition drive.

You may have run into trouble the first time around because you may have been booted from the drive you want to partition. You can't do this -- you cannot modify a disk that you are currently booted from, necessitating the booting from CD before trying to partition.

OS 9 calls that Drive Setup, not Disk Utility.
Drive Setup, then select your drive, and click the Intitialize button
Then click the Custom Setup... button, and change the Partitioning Scheme for 1 partition, and click OK, then the Initialize button again. And - there you go with one partition.

mmkay. so i just pop in the disc and click on install os9 to have it ask me to restart the computer thus booting from the install disc right? and access the disk utility from there?

-sorry im not that good with computers esp macs u.u;

Back