how to open ports

zilant

Registered
How to open port for torrent clients? I have BitTorrent, Bitrockets, Transmission but not of above has port open (shows red light). What I have:
G5, PPC
WiFi router DLink Dir-300
In firewall all above apps has allowed to incoming
In dir 300 i put port forwarding this way

/Users/airat/Desktop/Picture 1.png

additionally in Firewall settings in Dir-300 make the next

/Users/airat/Desktop/Picture 2.png
still "port closed"
the only one thing i suspect - i have dynamic IP. Is it so crucial for port opening? Is there way to fix this problem, please?

No, a dynamic IP has nothing to do with opening ports (or "forwarding ports", more technically).

Here's how to port forward for that router for Transmission:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-300/Transmission.htm

Be aware that you'll probably need a static IP for your computer (this is different from your internet IP address), otherwise you'll have to change the DLink's port forwarding rule every time your computer changes IP addresses.

You'll also need to know which port Transmission is using, which can be found (and modified) in Transmission's preferences.

Unfortunately I cannot to attach pics here. In my previous post i've tried to show what i did in router advanced setting pane. Actually i sow this instruction before ask question here. And i did accordingly instructions. But port still closed. People said this is because i am after NAT. I'll contact with my provider to resolve this issue. Any way thank you for your help.

Back