How to play flash movies in mac systerm?

quela

Registered
I like to watch flash movies recenly, my friend recommened to use iwisoft swf to avi converter to convert swf to avi, the format window media player supports, I tried, but it didn't work, it seems that the converter doesn't support mac. Is any master-hand know how to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Download and install Perian. This will allow you to open flash videos in Quicktime which will allow you to convert it to almost anything.

Converting SWF files to anything else is tricky at best.The only sure and simple way to do it that I know of is to use a screen recorder like Snapz Pro.

QuickTime has the capability to play some older SWF files, but it will refuse to even try to open them out of the box. You need to manually edit the "QuickTime Player.app/Contents/info.plist" file to include lines for SWF files. After you do that you can drag SWF files onto the QuickTime Player icon and see if it can play them. It's a good bet that it CAN'T, though, unless the SWF is from many years ago. I can't tell you exactly how to do this off the top of my head, but if you're interested I can copy and paste the modifications I made to my own file when I get back to my Mac.

What about Adobe's own Flash player, which is installed when you install Flash on your Mac OS X system? Does it not play SWF files?

Back