How's the icon spacing in Jaguar 10.2?

adambyte

Registered
I have a rather odd question. First, take a look at the icon spacing in the attached screen shot.

This is with the window automatically sorting by name.... why is there all this extra space in between the icons? I remember in OS 9 there was an option for "tighter icon spacing" or something like that, so they were close together, I could view things with less wasted space. Is there an option like this somewhere in Jaguar? Perhaps somewhere in jaguar's system preferences, or its "views" options for a window?

Attachments

• icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 58
Hey You're right! there is a ton of whitespace there...how is it I never noticed that? Man that could be practically 4 columns of icons there..we're getting ripped off! Maybe unsanity'll fix this for us...

I just set icon arrangement on 'none' and move icons as close as I want em. they stay where I put em. I change to list view if I need to sort files by date or whatever, then go back to icon view and icons are still where I left them. I know this is not what everybody has in mind, but works for me !

Back