[HOWTO] Make Windows see HFS+ formatted drives

Note that HFSExplorer is read-only. You cannot write to or alter a file on an HFS volume from Windows with this tool. You can only copy files over from HFS.

It looks like MacDrive7 does allow writing -- at least that's what they imply on the website. I didn't not find an explicit feature.

thanks for the advise....but i am having this problem....my Maxtor ione plus harddrive is MAC extended formatted...i can write and read in my mac book(the latest intel based)...so to access it in my laptop with windows I installed the Macdrive version 7....but it doesnt recognise the hard drive....nor can i see the hard drive in my computer...than i formatted it with mac drive and it do get formatted but cannot identify it when i look for it through mac drive....can u please adive me where am i wrong?

thanks

Cheers

thanks for the advise....but i am having this problem....my Maxtor ione plus harddrive is MAC extended formatted...i can write and read in my mac book(the latest intel based)...so to access it in my laptop with windows I installed the Macdrive version 7....but it doesnt recognise the hard drive....nor can i see the hard drive in my computer...than i formatted it with mac drive and it do get formatted but cannot identify it when i look for it through mac drive....can u please advise me where am i wrong?

thanks

Cheers

Back