[HOWTO] - Slow down Expose, on the spot

Convert

Tech
Finding Expose too fast? Then hold down Shift (below Caps Lock) and press the relevant Keys, for example, pressing Shift + F9 will do the basics of Expose, but much slower.

Shift + F10 will show all windows of the selected program, slowly.

Shift + F11 will slowly reveal the desktop. Got it?

the newbie telling us seasoned mac users how to do stuff in osx. how cute :)

any mac user knows this and why would you want expose to run slower?

silly rabbit, trix are for kids. ;)

Sometimes to impress the people with higher post count? ;)

Blue&White you never know how related or unrelated the Mac experience is to the post count. I.e. some people showing here with a post count of about 10 have been working at Apple for about as many years as they have made posts here...

Also, shift+f12 looks VERY annoying in 10.4. ;)

I don't really like slow expose. It makes me feel kinda sleepy, with everything moving so slowly. I think it must be a hypnotic effect of sorts.... "You will go to the Apple store...... You will buy a new mac...."

Giaguara: I wasn't even thinking about post count. I know he is a recent switcher. he has more posts than me anyway :) I have only been a mac user since 96 but thats 8 years :)

sorry guys, just thought I may as well post it...
If you know it, then don't read it. It's really that simple, the title had enough information, so it's not really my fault you were upset in reading my post. All I am trying to do is contribute to a failr new community (to me). I made it clear for anyone in the topic title, what the topic was about.

Thank you.

Gig, what does Shift + F12 in Mac OS X 10.4 do?

Convert said:
sorry guys, just thought I may as well post it...
If you know it, then don't read it. It's really that simple, the title had enough information, so it's not really my fault you were upset in reading my post. All I am trying to do is contribute to a failr new community (to me). I made it clear for anyone in the topic title, what the topic was about.

Thank you.

I wasn't bothered by it at all. I don't put smiles in my posts if i'm frustrated. smillies exist to show the mood of a post so try and follow that in the future.

it seemed funny to me is all.. if you were a pro snowboarder and I told you how to ride you would laugh also. ths is all I meant.

as long as it has not been posted before in the "how to"-forum, i think that it is great that you post the info here. might add that if you hold shift and minimize a window, it will also slow down the process. :)

Yeah, well, I've been using macs for years and I didn't actually know about this effect.

Not terribly useful, but fun to look at. Thanks for posting this, and don't mind the impolite people.

dgswensen said:
Yeah, well, I've been using macs for years and I didn't actually know about this effect.

Not terribly useful, but fun to look at. Thanks for posting this, and don't mind the impolite people.

I knew you could slow down Expose (WWDC thanks!) but never knew how to. Pretty neat but useless.

Yeah, but you don't know if it's a new way of doing something you already knew how to do :). Can't beat them I guess.

Viro said:
Yeah, but you don't know if it's a new way of doing something you already knew how to do :). Can't beat them I guess.

You can also turn your Mac on by pressing the on button with your finger... Coincidently you can stand at the other side of the room and fling objects...tennis balls, cups or even chairs till it hits the power button renders the same effect!

:) :) :) :)
Sorry man couldn’t resist ;)

Coincidently you can stand at the other side of the room and fling objects...tennis balls, cups or even chairs till it hits the power button renders the same effect!

Eh, doesn't work with the cinema display's power button...

Back