HP 1510 Printer

saniszbo

Registered
Hi. I am new to this forum, and have very recently switched from pc to an iMac.
I have installed drivers for the above, can print in colour, but not in B&W.
Please help and advise.
Thanks...

Last edited:
Please elaborate on your problem. You haven't included enough information to try and troubleshoot the problem.

Are you selecting "black and white" or "grayscale" in the print options and/or print setup dialogs before you print?

After selecting print, drop down to "Paper Type/Quality", then select "Grayscale" as shown in the attached.

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 2.pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks both !!
I can print in grayscale now, however, the print menu I have shows "Paper Type/Quality" in a bar, only when I click "expand" delta arrow. This is then shown in another drop down menu which starts as "Safari" (sorry, I do not know how to attach file picts. of this).
This bar defaults to Safari despite attempts to change. I'd like default to be grayscale/fastdraft, but I don't know........
Any ideas?
Thanks again!!

The only other applications I've printed from are Apple Mail, Pages and Numbers.
If there is no color in docs., no problem. Otherwise colors print in Mail, and both the Pages & Numbers App. closes when I go File/Print.
Neither gives me any B&W option.

Have you tried setting up a "Preset"...in essence, set up everything you want for a type of printing you want (high quality, draft quality, color, insanely warm, low ink, fast draft grayscale, whatever), then "save as" a preset. It may be that a predefined or default preset keeps bringing you back to Safari.

No, I have not done this.
The "preset" bar pop-up on my unit shows "standard", "last used settings" and then 8 "Photo" options only. No grayscale. As I have said, I do not know how to add "links" to this message (as above...picture 1.pdf) so this can be seen.
Perhaps software downloaded from HP is a fault? Wrong one?

Does your Presets dropdown show "Save As"?

If so, start with whatever Preset is default (in this case, "Standard"), make all your desired printing changes, then use "Save As". This will prompt you to enter a "Title" for your newly created preset.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    42 KB · Views: 4
Thanks again, and I understand. "Save As" is there. Problem is that there are no settings for b&w/grayscale.

ps - please advise how to attach links, or whatever to allow viewing of what I'm talking about.

Thanks VERY much.
i've re-loaded latest software/drivers and the problem seems solved.
Can print from any app. in b&w, and setting seems to default that way.
THANKS again for all help!!!

Back