HP Printer Software Update 2.6

bowjest

Registered
Hello to all,

I've had some new updates pop up in the last couple of days with the HP printer update above being the main one I'm concerned about.

I bought an all-in-one printer/scanner with OCR HP unit about a year and a half ago and was very happy with it.

Then, after I upgraded to Snow Leopard I lost OCR and have had a few other printing niggles.

Is there any way I can determine before installing this advertised Apple update that it won't completely hork what functionality I still have? Going to the link supplied at the bottom of the description of the update doesn't give me any meaningful information about this particular update (i.e. what it actually does/fixes/upgrades/how to remove it if it causes a problem):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP

Thanks

The update simply updates your HP printer software. It will vary by model, what is fixed. That Apple page never has a description of what might be fixed, but just lists the various models that are part of that HP software.
HP supplies the updates to Apple, so you could try the HP support site. If you search there for your model printer, you may find some information about that issue.
If the OCR software is not compatible with 10.6, then there's not much you can do to get that OCR software to work, so you would need a replacement for that. A google search may find something that will work for you.

Thanks. I'll have a look at the HP site.

I've found a replacement for the OCR side of things, it just would have been nice to have been warned in advance that the OS upgrade was going to break things.

Oh well, you can't have everything.

Back