I am looking for a Tiger picture...

Ifrit

Registered
I appologize for bothering you with trivial questions...

Ok, at the Macworld San Francisco 2005, Steve Jobs showed new features of Tiger's (OSX 10.4) mail app.

In this demonstration one e-mail message had a picture of a "tiger dashing through the snow" attached. I would love to use a high res version of this picture as background image (1280x1024). But I wasn't able to find it anywhere on the 'net. Does anybody of you have this picture? Is it even available for free?

it looks like something you could find at the library in National geographics or something (and with "something" i mean a book about tigers). ;)
photographing animals in the wild is expensive and hard. Professional animal photographers are usually on a paid assignment from a magazine or television producer, and therefore their work end up in
a) Magazines
b) television
c) expensive picture agencies

so my best guess is that you wont find really good pictures on the internet, but will have to scan them yourself.

Plenty of tiger pictures by Googling for 'tiger pictures'. A full screen, hi-res shot may not turn up, but give Google a try.

Ah! He means the actual tiger in the snow picture. Not a screenshot or somethin' ;) I, too, would say Google's a good starting point.

then good luck to find the right one the search in google : tiger+picture+snow
shows about 2920 results ... :confused:

Actually Apple gets all it's stock photos from corbis

so do a search on pro.corbis.com for snow Tiger and it will be at the bottom right but keep in mind it won't be free

Actually Apple gets all it's stock photos from corbis

so do a search on pro.corbis.com for snow Tiger and it will be at the bottom right but keep in mind it won't be free

Ah, you are right, Steve mentioned it when he did the search with Spotlight (and then iPhoto or the picture fullscreen preview crashed :p )

Pro.corbis.com's RAW pictures are also fully meta tagged, aren't they?

Thank you all for your help.

Maybe if you are interested check out http://gal.mvc.ru/gallery/pictures/animals/1.html

Lot's of really high res animal photos. Free.

I found the link to this site deeply buried in my Mail app's "Don't delete! - Folder." :rolleyes: A Designer gave me a list with lots of links around 1 1/2 years ago after I asked him for source pics which I needed for texturing certain 3D models.

(Nowaday I create most of the textures from scratch in PS, but reference pics are always welcome)

edit: It might be that the site doesn't work correctly with Safari. When Tiger is released I'll create a Script in Automator which will suck every high res picture from this side and puts them into iPhoto.

Back