I am totally locked out of my macbook

mgoody2009

Registered
I ruined my macbook pretty much and need help restoring it. I have startup discs for os x and everything. My admin account has a password that i don't know. I have secondary account thats not a admin and i don't know the password to that one either. everytime i turn on the computer i automatically log into the secondary account.
i have tried everything out there including the command-s window to reset the passwords but nothing works. my os x disc will not boot on startup by pressing c. i cannot use it with the computer on because it asks for a password. please i need help

Insert your installer DVD, then restart your MacBook, while holding the Option key.
You should see your hard drive icon, and your installer DVD icon on that Option-boot screen. Click on your installer icon to select it, then press return or enter.
When you boot to your installer DVD, you can choose Change Password from the Utilities menu. Choose your hard drive, then choose your user from the drop-down menu. And, change your password.

Back